Unicron Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dueling Using Japanese
Dueling Using Japanese EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 10:45 pm by TranquilHope

» Kakeon Enters
Dueling Using Japanese EmptyWed May 25, 2016 4:37 pm by kakeon kagakuri

» Live Long with Dank Memes
Dueling Using Japanese EmptyTue May 24, 2016 8:35 pm by Alucard

» Meh. Hello Unicron
Dueling Using Japanese EmptyTue May 24, 2016 8:20 pm by Alucard

» Unicron Duel Academy is NOW OPEN to the PUBLIC as a community!
Dueling Using Japanese EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:01 pm by YuseiFudoOfficial

» How to Have The Right Picture Size
Dueling Using Japanese EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 9:39 pm by YuseiFudoOfficial

» About The Owner CloudStrife VII
Dueling Using Japanese EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 6:19 pm by YuseiFudoOfficial

» How do you enroll here at UDA?
Dueling Using Japanese EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 5:12 pm by YuseiFudoOfficial

» CEO Black Dorm
Dueling Using Japanese EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 6:58 am by Edward Elric

» Neos White Dorm
Dueling Using Japanese EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 12:39 am by DovaDuelist

Top posters
YuseiFudoOfficial (16)
Dueling Using Japanese I_vote_lcapDueling Using Japanese I_voting_barDueling Using Japanese I_vote_rcap 
Alucard (3)
Dueling Using Japanese I_vote_lcapDueling Using Japanese I_voting_barDueling Using Japanese I_vote_rcap 
Kurosaki Shun (2)
DovaDuelist (2)
Pride (2)
Edward Elric (2)
Decim the Arbiter (1)
Tormenator (1)
kakeon kagakuri (1)
TranquilHope (1)

© Copyright-QD GFX
All graphics belong to QD Graphics™ {Decim the Arbiter}

Dueling Using Japanese

Go down

Dueling Using Japanese Empty Dueling Using Japanese

Post by TranquilHope Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:45 pm

If you have ever watched YuseiFudoOfficial duel, you might see that he uses some Japanese terms. If you are unfamiliar with the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime or the Japanese language, you might not know what he is talking about. This is a guide on how to correctly use Japanese just like they do in the anime to duel. To start, let us learn a little bit about the Japanese language. Japanese uses two syllabic scripts along with kanji. The two syllabic scripts are Hiragana and Katakana. Kanji are Chinese characters. Japanese uses all three for their language. I will not go into a detail about the writing systems, but the important part is that one of the main uses of katakana is to write foreign words and that long vowels when writing using katakana are represented with a line called a chouonpu (ー).

First, if you go first, you can say something like
先攻はもらった
senkou wa moratta
which can translate to “I’m going first.”

When it is your turn, you can say the following with either one of the given pronouns
私/僕/俺のターン
watashi/boku/ore no taan
It’s my turn
Do you see how the last part of that sentence uses a chouonpu?
タ= ta
ー= chouonpu (long vowel mark)
ン= n
Well, in Hepburn romanization, we would romanize ターン with a macron and it would be like this: tān. However, you cannot type that on Dueling Network, so you would either have to type something like taan or ta-n. For this article, I will stick with romanizing the long vowels as their previous vowel. Also, notice how there are three ways to say it is your turn. These are different ways to say “I” in Japanese. The main one used in the anime is 俺 (ore), so you might want to stick with that one to talk just like they do in the show, but remember that 俺 (ore) is only used by males. It can also contain a masculine connotation.  私 (watashi) is a lot more formal than 俺, but it may be perceived as feminine in certain casual situations. 僕 (boku) is mostly used by males and contains a sort of young person connotation.

Draw is
ドロー
doroo
Note: The romanization here is probably misleading, as it is NOT pronounced like the oo in food. It is just a long o.

For this example, I will use Speed Warrior as an example of how to summon. If you are using a different monster, just replace whatever monster name I use with the name of the monster you are using.
スピード・ウォリアーを召喚
Supiido Woriaa o shoukan
I summon Speed Warrior
YuseiFudoOfficial might use what that Japanese would be in English instead of the romanization of the monster name, so he might say “Speed Warrior” instead of “Supiido Woriaa.”

You can add other words when summoning too.
スピード・ウォリアーを通常 召喚
Supiido Woriaa o tsuujou shoukan
I Normal Summon Speed Warrior.
スピード・ウォリアーを特殊 召喚
Supiido Woriaa o tokushuu shoukan
I Special Summon Speed Warrior.

You can specify the battle position too.
スターダスト・ドラゴンを攻撃表示で特殊召喚。
Sutaadasuto Doragon o kougeki hyouji de tokushuu shoukan
I Special Summon Stardust Dragon in Attack Position.
スターダスト・ドラゴンを守備表示で特殊召喚。
Sutaadasuto Doragon o shubi hyouji de tokushuu shoukan
I Special Summon Stardust Dragon in Defense Position.
ゴゴゴゴーレムを裏側守備表示でセット
Gogogo Gooremu o uragawa shubi hyouji de setto
I set Gogogo Golem in face-down Defense Position.

Synchro Summoning

For one non-tuner:
レベル (level of the non-tuner) の (name of the non-tuner) に レベル(level of the tuner) の (name of the tuner) をチューニング
reberu (level of the non-tuner) の (name of the non-tuner) ni reberu (level of the tuner) no (name of the tuner) o chuunigu
I tune my level (level of non-tuner) (name of the non-tuner) with my level (level of tuner) (name of tuner)
For two non-tuners:
レベル (level of the non-tuner) の (name of the non-tuner) とレベル (level of the non-tuner) の (name of the non-tuner) に レベル (level of the tuner) の (name of the tuner) をチューニング
reberu (level of the non-tuner) の (name of the non-tuner) to reberu (level of the non-tuner) no (name of the non-tuner) ni reberu (level of the tuner) no (name of the tuner) o chuunigu
I tune my level (level of non-tuner) (name of the non-tuner) and my (level of non-tuner) (name of the non-tuner) with my level (level of tuner) (name of tuner)
For three non-tuners:
レベル (level of the non-tuner) の (name of the non-tuner) とレベル (level of the non-tuner) の (name of the non-tuner) とレベル (level of the non-tuner) の (name of the non-tuner)に レベル (level of the tuner) の (name of the tuner) をチューニング
reberu (level of the non-tuner) の (name of the non-tuner) to reberu (level of the non-tuner) no (name of the non-tuner) to reberu (level of the non-tuner) の (name of the non-tuner) ni reberu (level of the tuner) no (name of the tuner) o chuunigu
I tune my level (level of non-tuner) (name of the non-tuner), my (level of non-tuner) (name of the non-tuner), and my (level of non-tuner) (name of the non-tuner) with my level (level of tuner) (name of tuner)
After this, there will usually be a summoning chant.
After that, you say something like
シンクロ召喚!飛翔せよ、スターダスト・ドラゴン!
shinkuro houkan! hishouseyo, Sutaadasuto Doragon!
Synchro Summon! Take flight, Stardust Dragon!
In the “level of the non-tuner” space, use ichi, ni, san, yon, go, roku, nana, hachi, kyuu, or juu.
You can replace飛翔せよ (hishouseyo) with many things like
いでよ
Ideyo
Come out
現れよ
Arawareyo
Appear
生来せよ
Shouraiseyo
Be born
降臨せよ
Kourinseyo
Descend
And many, many more

Xyz Summoning

Okay, putting the “level of the non-tuner” and “level of the non-tuner” is really messy, so I am just going to use examples for this one.

I am not done yet, but I will edit the post to add more information at my leisure.

TranquilHope

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum